This white octagonal lighthouse sits on the shore of the Fox River in Geneva, Illinois. It was built by the Fabyan’s on their riverside estate approximately, 1905. The Fox river today does not see any commercial traffic, just recreational vehicles and land tourists. The light was built in defiance of what the state considered navigatable waters. One could only imagine giant ships bringing goods up and down the river from town to town. The Fox River Valley.
Tag Archives: Geneva